This project focuses on creating a monadic visualization that is appropriate for interacting with digital library databases to preserve searchability and allow for serendipitous discovery, while providing a contextualized map to help users retrace their steps.
Proposal: (under development)
Wireframe Prototype: A rough interaction prototype mockup developed in Axure. This prototype is continuously evolving throughout the project as I publish new changes to the model. While it’s not a fully-functional interface, it shows the interfaces goals of the project in very simple detail.
Interaction Walkthrough Guide:
- Select the bookmark icon for I, Robot. See how it populates the network graph to the left
- Select Isaac Asimov, which becomes the new center of the graph.
- Select the Bookmark for Asimov. See how it is established in relation to I, Robot.
- Deselect Asimov’s bookmark.
- Select Isaac Asimov’s Science Fiction Magazine. Select its bookmark. See how Isaac Asimov becomes a de-emphasized node connecting I, Robot and the magazine. Hovering over the node provides its title.
- Click on the Search icon in the middle of the screen. Search for “Hunter” and select Hunter’s Run.
- Note how Gardner Dozois is highlighted. This means it’s a first-degree connection to an existing node.
- Activate the bookmark for Hunter’s Run. See how it connects to the rest of the network.